Effective Date: April 1st, 2018
Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information and Usage Data through the Site.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, phone number, company name, and zip code. We collect your Personal Information when you register for an account, make a donation through the Site, sign up for a newsletter, or otherwise contact us. You must provide us your Personal Information to make a donation through the Site.
“Usage Data” is information that we automatically collect about how you use the Site, but that alone cannot generally be used to identify you. Examples of Usage Data include your IP address, browser type, device type, and pages you visited. Tracking technologies, like cookies and web beacons, help us collect this Usage Data. To learn more about cookies and how to control them, please review the section on Data Collection Technologies. If the Usage Data we collect can be used to identify you because, for example, we are able to link your Usage Data to your Personal Information, we will treat such Usage Data as Personal Information.
We also may collect Personal Information about your friends and other personal contacts when you share information about the Site or the donations you make. If you provide us with someone else’s Personal Information, please make sure that person has agreed that we can receive their Personal Information from you.
When you make a donation on the Site, Lanman Foundation does not collect or maintain your financial account, credit card or debit card information. We fully outsource our credit card and payment processing to reputable third parties that comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
How We Use Your Information
We use the Personal Information and Usage Data we collect through the Site for a number of purposes, including to:
- Respond to your inquiries and requests that you submit through the Site;
- Process your donations and deliver to you a receipt;
- Provide you with information, feedback, and other promotional and administrative communications about Lanman Foundation and the Site;
- Personalize the look and feel of the Site and our communications with you;
- Improve the services we offer by, for example, asking that you complete a survey.
If we intend to use your Personal Information for purposes other than described above, we will notify you of those purposes and ask for your permission to use it for those purposes.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as disclosed to you at the time we collect it, with your consent, and in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may provide your Personal Information to our services providers that help us run and manage our business, such as technology service providers, analytics providers, and our credit card processors.
- As Required By Law: We may disclose your Personal Information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. Additionally, we may disclose Personal Information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the safety and security of our property or the property or others. We may also disclose Personal Information in order to protect our rights, such as to investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
- Corporate Transaction: In the event, Lanman Foundation is involved in a merger, reorganization, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or other corporate transaction, we may disclose your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We reserve the right to share aggregated or anonymized Personal Information with third parties for any lawful purpose.
Data Collection Technologies
You can control cookies by changing your browser preferences to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Site. To find more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track Signals: Some web browsers have Do Not Track or similar features (“DNT”) that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked.
At present, the Site does not respond to DNTsignals and consequently, the Site will continue to collect information about you even if your browser’s DNT feature is activated.
Protecting your information is important to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the information you transmit to us through the Site.
Note to International Visitors
This Site is not intended for or directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect information directly from children. If we become aware that we have collected information from a child under 13, we will immediately delete such information.
Third Party Links
The Site may contain links to other websites not owned or operated by Lanman Foundation, including links to news media other third parties. We are not responsible for the information collection practices or the content of these third-party links or websites, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party website prior to sharing your Personal Information with those third parties.
Access and Choice
You may access and modify the Personal Information we maintain about you by contacting us using the contact information below. We will respond to your inquiry within a reasonable timeframe.
Lanman Foundation for Spinal Advancement & Innovative Health
c/o Todd H. Lanman
450 N Roxbury Dr.
Beverly Hills, California 90210